Monday, February 1, 2010

Jesus' Blood

A friend of mine recently introduced me to a song via Youtube, called Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet, recorded by Gavin Bryars.  The story behind the song is that Bryars was working on a film about people living in the rough parts of town in London, back in 1971.  He said that the homeless they encountered would sometimes break into drunken songs- whether they just be bits of opera or sentimental choruses.  There was one man who, completely sober, sang "Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet" over and over and over again.

I went to listen to the song, and was so touched by it that I downloaded it immediately.  It's been playing (and is still currently being played) on my computer on repeat for the past 2 hours.  I encourage you to listen to it and to let your heart be open to what God wants to show you through this simple song.

YouTube- Jesus' Blood Never Fails Me

No comments:

Post a Comment