Friday, October 9, 2009

I Have the Best Parents EVER!!!


Well, since I have come down with strep, I pretty much have had a rough week. We have been without water (minus about a 2 hour break from 5-7am today) for about 36 hours, power has been going on and off for the past 24 hours, and it has been well over 100 degrees every day. I missed work on Monady, was sent home early on Wednesday, and sent home early again today. I just want to be healthy again! I started the antibiotics today, so hopefully they'll kick in very soon.

When I got home from work today, I was feeling pretty blue and just wanted to go and lay at Sarah's house and be mothered...then in walks Brad, with a care package from home!! It's amazing how quickly that changed my mood. I was jumping up and down, squealing, and was cheering for everything that I pulled out of the package. Brad said that it was as fun to watch me go through the package as it is to watch a kid open presents on Christmas morning.

Now Dietra is making me chicken noodle soup :) I love my roommate. She takes such great care of me. Two of the students stopped by the house a couple of minutes ago the "Get Well Soon" balloons :) How sweet is that??

Ok, funny kids story of the day...I wish I could take my video camera to class and just follow one of the boys, Suhail, around. This kid cracks me up. He's rarely uses walking to get from A to B. He dances. For real- he makes up raps and dances around every where he goes, usually trying to throw some ninja moves in while he's at it. He hugs me multiple times a day, but they're always followed by him head-butting my hips. He is one of the funniest kids I have ever come across. I don't have any great quote today, but I hope the image of Suhail is enough to make you smile.

I hope you are all doing well, and I just ask for continued prayer for health. It is taking its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment