Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Updates. Don't Know How Else to Title This :)


Howdy folks!


It's been an interesting couple of days here at the ranch. I was feeling a bit better on Tuesday, so I went back to work. As I was getting ready for work, I heard this weird clicking sound and looked around and realized that our power cord had started on fire! What?? I was glad that we were still there to deal with it, since it was under Dietra's bed. Odd way to start the day.

It was fun to see my kids again; they were so well behaved! I think I only saw one kid cry the entire time I was there (usually we get a good 6 or 7 criers per day). Our afternoon plans were cancelled, so we had the rest of the day off.

One of the interns, Brad, had left the day before with Pastor Jerry (LBOM founder) and a couple of other pastors from LBOM to go visit some of our branch churches throughout Botswana and Namibia; they were supposed to be gone through Thursday. We found out Tuesday afternoon that they had been involved in a very serious car accident; they had been broadsided by a dump truck filled with sand and the driver never even stepped on the brakes. There could have been (and probably should have been) some incredibly serious injuries; miraculousy, there weren't any outside of soreness. They were flown back to Maun last night, and are doing well.


Today I woke up feeling much worse than yesterday, but I went to work anyway. Poor kids. My voice is almost completely gone, and it seemed to really freak out the little boys. The girls were really sweet, though. Lots of hugs, kisses, and back rubs :)

They sent me home early today. Tomorrow I am supposed to teach the Standard 2 (like 2nd graders) while their teacher is at a conference. Should be fun! Just hoping I am feeling a whole lot better by then- or at least have a working voice.


Oh, I also cut my foot today. Sarah calls it my initiation to Botswana.


I hope you're all doing well! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment