Monday, September 7, 2009

We Made It!

Well, after about 48 hours of travel, we made it to Maun, Botswana. I've gotten approximately 7 hours of sleep total in those 48 hours, so I am going to hit the sack immediately. Gotta get up early for morning devos and then begin a 13 hour day. Oy.

Love Africa, though. Very excited and happy (and overwhelmed and scared) about everything here. I've taken some fun pics and will post some within the next few days.

If you want to know more about the organization I am here with and what I am going to be doing, head over here. I'm looking forward to telling you more! Oh, and I learned that I need to be on the lookout for the black mambas. Apparently those suckers will attack unprovoked.

Also: I met Dirk Nowitzki at the airport in Johannesburg this morning- he was on my flight to Maun to go on a safari. He promised me this wasn't a safari that you shoot animals on, but the other interns think he was just saying that so I wouldn't get sad. I like to think he was telling the truth. I'll post a pic later that I took with him...I am maybe up to his bellybutton?

My possible highlight of the day: listening to the Lion King soundtrack on repeat my entire flight to Maun without taking my eyes off the land. I LOVE AFRICA!

Ok, off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. I am deathly afraid of Black Mambas after looking at pictures of them on Wikipedia. Yuck! You have no idea how bad I want to be in Africa with you, can't wait to see you and Africa on leave.

    I will be doing the same with the Lion King soundtrack:)

    Any chance you can take the Middle East and I'll take Africa for our next year or so? A swaparoo of some sort.

    ReplyDelete